Dear colleagues and friends of “SOFIA DANCE FEST” 2019, we inform you that the organizer keep the right to change the program after receiving all the requests for participation of the dance groups!
A detailed program of “Sofia dance fest” 2019 will be received after processing all the requests for participation! Every team will be informed in a timely manner for easy traveling and participation on the competition!
Please these teams that will participate on March 31 2019. to register on March 30 in the Universiada sports hall. This is only valid for international participants and for participants on the second day!
The tournaments are in a competitive character that will define the best dancers in each dancing category. It will also determine the exact ranking of each group with respect to other participants in the event.
INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT – it has been licensed and included in the International Dance Organization / IDO / calendar for 2019
The tournament is a qualificatory event that provides allowances for participation / quotas in:
• WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF JAZZ, MODERN, DANCE SHOW
• THE EUROPEAN HIP HOP AND DANCE SHOW CHAMPIONSHIP
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
All Bulgarian and foreign teams will be allowed to participate. However, the European Championships and World Cups quotas will be distributed only among the members of Bulgarian Dance Sport Federation, based on ranking.
The event is open to all countries – members of the International Dance Organization / IDO /, national sports dance clubs, community centers, Palaces of children, private schools, studios, members of BSDF and BDO, and guests wishing to become members of BSDF and BDO during the tournament.
BSDF and BDO memberships are voluntary. Prospective members of BSDF and BDO are legal entities and natural persons, working in the dance sphere: clubs, choreographers, dance groups directors, etc.
All who has accepted the Statute of BSDF and BDO.
All who has completed the application and declaration.
The BDO members should have paid the 2019 membership fees and filing for each competitor.
Members of BSDF – clubs, legal entities – must have paid annual club membership fees and filing fees for each dancer for 2019.
TOURNAMENT'S PRIZE POOL
AWARD PRIZE FOR THE COMPETITION
EUR 3000, distributed in dance styles, age categories, under the terms of real competition!
Medals – for I, II and III place
Medals for all children up to 7 years
Plaques for winners
Cups and awards from the organizers
Cups and awards from BSDF
Diplomas for all participants
Diplomas for I, II, III, IV, V, VI place
Tangible prizes from sponsors
Organizer’s Award for Most original choreography, original creative development, stage makeup and hairstyle, awards for the youngest and oldest participants, etc.
• 6 participants will receive voucher which value will cover the participation fee for the International Competition for ballet, jazz dance, modern and contemporary dance, and show dance which will be held 2019.
• 6 participants will receive voucher which value will cover the participation fee for the dance festival “In the dance magic and the sea”, which will be held in Pomoria 2019 for the dance styles latino show, hip hop, modern and contemporary dance, ballet, show dance, and jazz dance.
• 6 participants will receive voucher which value will cover the participation fee for the dance festival “Borovec is dancing”, which will be held in Borovec 2019 for the dance styles latino show, hip hop, modern and contemporary dance, ballet, show dance, and jazz dance.
• 6 participants will receive voucher which value will cover the participation fee for the dance festival “Sofia Dance Fest”, which will be held in Sofia 2020. The dance style will be determine by the organizer based on style, age group and competitive category.
Solo (1 participant – a boy or a girl)
Duet / couple (2 participants of the same sex or different)
A small group (3 to 7 people)
A Team (3 to 7 people)
Formation (8 to 24 people)
Performers: In the competing categories solo, duo / couple, the team can only participate with three dances in each age category. Additional performances over the regulated number are allowed under the following conditions:
IMPORTANT FOR THE COMPETITORS:
There is no limit for participation in multiple dances, dance style or category. All team have the freedom to participate with as many dances as they want, it’s only necessary to make sure it is falling in to the proper age dance group.
• Mini Kids – 7 and under (born in 2012, 2013, 2014 …)
• Children – 8 – 11 (born in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
• Junior – 12 – 15 (born in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
• Adult 1 – 16 and over (born in 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997…)
• Adult 2 – 31 and over (born in 1988 and before)
• Senior – 50 and over (Belly Dance /Oriental) (born in 1969, 1968, 1967..)
HOW TO DETERMINE THE AGE DIVISION OF A COMPETITOR
The determination of the age division of a competitor depends on the year of birth, compared to the year of the competition.
Duo and couples : the date of birth of the older partner determines the age division. A partner , no younger than 2 years more than the lower limit of the age group, can dance in a higher group ,if the difference in the years of the partners is not more than three years .
Example : One of the dancers is 10 years old and the other is 13 , they can dance in the youth group. But if one is 9 years old – they cannot.
Note 1: A younger dancer can dance in a higher age division , but the opposite is impossible – this means that an older dancer cannot dance in a lower age division.
Note 2: A young dancer who dances in a higher age division and who meets the requirements (for instance: an 11 year-old child dancing in the youth duo group) must participate in the same age division during the rest of the year. The dancer CANNOT dance in the kids age division with a different partner; the dancer CANNOT dance in the kids age division in solo, small group or formation.
Once the dancer has chosen to compete in a higher age division in a particular category , (for example: jazz duo) , he / she must continue in the same age division till the end of the year and he/she must not return in the previous group.
All dancers are forbidden from dancing in two age divisions. Here are the details:
Dancers cannot dance in both kids age division and adults age division – duo adolescents or young duo. However, he / she CAN stay in the same age division in other categories until he/she reaches the next age division.
For example: a child of the age of 10/11 years can dance in an adolescent duo and at the same time he/she can participate in all categories for children: solo , group formation, if the year of birth corresponds to the age division – children to the year of the competition.
Note: A dancer may only participate in one solo ,one duo / couple , one small group , one formation in a competitive dance style .
Participation of competitors in groups and formations:
Participants of one age division are not allowed to compete against participants from other age divisions.
If a team has a dancers from two adjacent age divisions, the condition for the team to participate as a group is to register the participants in the higher age group. HOWEVER, the maximum allowable number of competitors from a lower age division to pass into a higher age division is up to 50% of the team’s members.
Competitors are not allowed to skip a whole age division.
If you have a group of ten people in the “formation” competing category – five of the participants are in the age group of up to 7 years old and the other five are in the age group of 8 to 11 years old, then the dancers from the lower age group pass into the 8 to 11 years old age division.
If you have a small group of seven performers, three of which are 7 years old and the other four are from 8 to 11 years, then the group may be included to participate in the competition in the age group of 8 to 11 years.
Note: Participation of competitors from a higher age group in the lower age group is not allowed!!!
SIZE/RANGE OF THE FLOOR
14 x 14 m
An important requirement: One dance performance starts and ends in the outline of the competition area. Each time a competitor crosses the outline of the competition area during a performance, points will be deducted from the final score.
• The organizer reserves the right to document, broadcast, film and distribute all types of materials without paying rights and royalties.
• The team leaders are held responsible for accidents and injuries of performers on stage and beyond it during the event.
• Accommodation costs as well as traveling and daily costs of teams and people accompanying them are paid by the participants.
• The cost of prizes, technical, stage and medical provision are covered by the organizers.
• The team leaders are responsible for the behavior of members of their teams during the event.
• Participants are responsible for their costumes, props and personal items.
• The music for each dance performance must be on a separate CD (one CD must contain only one track!)
• Each participant may compete on behalf of only one team.
• One particular dance performance that competes in a particular dance style, cannot compete in other dance style competitions organized by BSDF. This rule applies for the entire calendar 2019. In case of rule violation, the participant is not allowed to participate on request or he/she is directly disqualified during the competition.
• Special rules for costumes – change of costumes is not permitted during one’s performance during the competition. The placement of identifying club logos or slogans on costumes is not permitted.
• Change in music or choreography in the next round or the final round is not permitted.
The usage of somber and dark themes , costumes and music in the children’s age division is prohibited.
• A competitor may only participate in one solo , one duet , one small group , one formation ,one production, etc.
• The use of dark, sinister themes, costumes and music is prohibited in the children’s age group.
• Supports in children’s age group are prohibited.
The evaluation will be carried out by a five (5) member jury, composed of international judges of IDO and international judges of BSDF, who are qualified in the relevant dance style. Judge – the Jury panel cannot evaluate their own group; in such cases a stand-by judge will be used. The control over the jury panel is carried out by the Main Judge.
JUDJUNG EVALUATION CRITERIA
Judging is carried out in a 3D-system, which includes the first three criteria listed below and the 4D-system includes the four criteria listed below:
Execution Technique (11 components ):
it is estimated in accordance with the accuracy of the technique while matching the style chosen by the choreographer ; the level of complexity (technical skills), originality of interpretation , execution of the selected dance technique, synchrony and rhythm .
Composition ( choreography ) (12 components ):
It is estimated in accordance with the choice of dance elements and their composition, shape, variations , the use of space on the dance site ( pattern of the dance ) , originality while using different linking and other dance figures.
Image (12 components ):
Presentation , stage and acting presence of the performers, contact with the audience , evaluation of costumes, props and stage makeup in accordance with the concept and style of the choreography. By all criteria the judging panel can give 1 to 10 points , which means that the maximum score for a performance is 30 points, and the minimum is 3 points.
Show presentation / idea ( 5 components ):
The Stage show presentation by the performers on the dance floor and its impact on the audience by presenting and recreating the scene and metaphoric imagery, drama , props / set design , acrobatics . The exact overall expression of the idea in the choreography presented through the means of exposure, development, climax and final.
By all criteria the judging panel can give 1 to 10 points , which means that the maximum score for a performance is 40 points, the minimum is 4 points.
The detailed schedule of “Sofia dance fest” 2019 will be sent to the participants after the deadline for receiving the applications for participation and processing !!!
BSTF reserves the right to make adjustments and corrections to the schedule at any time for which the participants in the international dance competition will be informed promptly !!!